HNS Table Top eXercise (TTX Ghana)
This EU Exercise is a project of the European Commission, DG ECHO (Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations) in Brussels – specifically the CALL FOR TENDER NO. ECHO / A2 / SER / 2018/16. funded by European Union Civil Protection
The consortium, consisting of:
- Government of Styria (GovST) as the lead manager ( Austria) with the support of:
- DMAT Consulting KG as a sub-contractor (Austria)
as well as the project partners:
- Publicomm GmbH (PCC) (Austria)
- Prepared International UG (PPI) (Germany)
- Resilience Solutions International (RSI) (Austria)
- Department for Emergency Situations (DSU) (Romania)
The objective of the HNS TTX is to practice emergency response structures at strategic and operational levels and improve inter-institutional co-operation in the area of Host Nation Support, also through Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs). The ultimate objective is to remove as much as possible any foreseeable obstacles to international assistance. This ensures that disaster response operations proceed smoothly.
Within the project, three HNS TTX has already conducted –
- in Austria/Eisenerz (is conducted 21.-24.05.2019)
- in Albania/Mirdita (is conducted 02.-05.07.2019)
- finally, in Ghana/Accra (is conducted 03.-06.12.2019)
HNS Table-Top Exercise Accra, Ghana
the consortium was able to conduct the last Host Nation Support Exercise in Ghana with
NADMO – the National Disaster Management Organisation. NADMO was an excellent Partner during the exercise among other 9 Nations were involved in this Exercise. And the Feedback from all was Excellent – and even will be used to adapt Ghanian SOPs in Disaster Management.
Thanks to all participants and especially the Deputy Director General Mr. Seji Saji, who participated the whole duration of the exercise, although there was a public holiday – the Farmers Day on 6th December.
To read more about the Exercise in Ghana please click the link below, an article that has been written by the “Enviro-news-Nigeria” about; (Ghana’s NADMO, EU conduct maiden disaster response mockup exercise). The Article in PDF